Friday, March 13, 2015

Day 69 - Joshua 1-2

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 69 - Joshua 1-2 (How to be Successful)
(To View Past Posts Click: http://tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/)

"This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success"  (Joshua 1:8)

If you really think about it, God is a God of success.  God cannot have even a hint of failure otherwise He would not be God.  And because God is a God of success, He naturally desires success for all His creatures.  This truth is also confirmed throughout Scriptures including our text above.  

God's definition of success, however, is not the same as the world's definition of success.  The world measures success in terms of material wealth, physical strength or beauty, popularity, influence, intelligence or mastery of skills and the likes.  God, on the other hand, measures success in terms of the blessings that He gives as rewards for our faithfulness to Him.

In the case of the Joshua and the Israelites, success meant the victory over their enemies and the fulfillment of God's promise to them to possess the land of Canaan.  God's success though, comes with a condition, that is, that God's people must obey His Word which the Bible refers to as the Book of the Law, and that we must meditate on it continually and observe or obey everything that is written in it.

By the world's standards, I cannot claim to be successful; but I can say that from God's point of view, I am successful beyond measure.  First, I have eternal life through faith in Jesus Christ.  If that is all I have, I would be more successful than the majority of people who live in this world who will not enter heaven because they do not possess eternal life.

But praise God, eternal life is only the first of my many successes; God has also blessed me with a successful family life having a godly wife and four precious children who all love the Lord.  God has also granted me success in ministry having had the high honor of serving Him for around thirty years and never letting me slip into moral failure and thus disqualification from the ministry.

I can go on and on but enough of my success because it is not about me but about you, my dear reader; whether or not you know and are experiencing God's success.  If not, let me re-quote the way that you can have true success: "This Book of the Law shall not depart from your mouth, but you shall meditate in it day and night, that you may observe to do according to all that is written in it. For then you will make your way prosperous, and then you will have good success." 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment