Monday, May 11, 2015

Day 131 - 1 Chronicles 24-29

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 131 - 1 Chronicles 24-29 (Have You Found God?)
(To View Past Posts Click: http://tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/)

"As for you, my son Solomon, know the God of your father, and serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind; for the LORD searches all hearts and understands all the intent of the thoughts. If you seek Him, He will be found by you; but if you forsake Him, He will cast you off forever."  (1 Chronicles 28:9)

Solomon had an incredible promise from God that He "will establish his kingdom forever, if he is steadfast to observe My commandments and My judgments, as it is this day."  (1 Chronicles 28:7)  God's promise was conditioned on the obedience of Solomon and his royal descendants.  Sadly, Even Solomon was not able to remain faithful in obeying God which led to the kingdom of Israel being divided by God during the reign of his son Rehoboam.

So does God's promise through the mouth of king David apply to us today?  If we seek God with all our heart, will He be found by us?  The answer is absolutely yes.  The Lord Jesus Himself assures us of this promise when He said in His famous sermon on the Mount, 

        "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will          be opened to you.  For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks              finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened."  (Matthew 7:7-8)

Millions of people who have found God personally including me can testify about the truth of this wonderful promise from our God.  When I heard the gospel and understood its meaning (that is, that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sins and rose again from the dead so that all who believe in Him will also rise to new life in Christ as well as to eternal life in heaven), I sought after Jesus and found Him.

Ever since that glorious day in August, 1981, Jesus has never left me nor forsaken me as He has promised.  He has blessed me forever exactly as God said He would all who sought and obeyed Him.  He has blessed me with abundant life here on earth as well as life everlasting.  He has also given me a godly wife and children who love and serve Him.  I am blessed beyond description.

The same God whom I have found wants to be found by all of the people whom He has created including you if you have not yet found Him.  All you need to do if you truly want to seek Him is to tell Him that you want Him in your life.  But as David said to Solomon, God has conditions; you must " serve Him with a loyal heart and with a willing mind" and must never forsake Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment