Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Day 224 - Jeremiah 1-3

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 224 - Jeremiah 1-3 (God Called You Before He Formed You)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

       "'Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; 
        Before you were born I sanctified you; 
        I ordained you a prophet to the nations."
        They will fight against you, 
        But they shall not prevail against you. 
        For I am with you," says the LORD, "to deliver you."'
        (Jeremiah 1:5,9)

God told Jeremiah in our text above that He knew him before He formed him in the womb and that He had sanctified and ordained him a prophet before he was even born.  God knew that Jeremiah would be afraid of the daunting task he was born to do which was to judge the nations, especially Israel: 

        "See, I have this day set you over the nations and over the kingdoms, 
        To root out and to pull down, 
        To destroy and to throw down, 
        To build and to plant." 
        (Jeremiah 1:10)

Indeed, Jeremiah expressed his fear after God's call on his life: "'Then said I: "Ah, Lord GOD! Behold, I cannot speak, for I am a youth (Jer 1:6)."'  Then God, who constantly encourages all His children, strengthened Jeremiah with His words:  "They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you. For I am with you," says the LORD, "to deliver you (Jer. 1:19)."'

Although we may think that God only calls special people like Jeremiah or Billy Graham for some great work that He wants to accomplish, the truth is that God has a plan for every person He has created.  We need only to surrender our will to God and wait upon Him to reveal His calling on our lives and He will.

I know without a doubt that God has called me and my wife to return to our native country, the Philippines, to share the good news of salvation to our people there and to make disciples for Christ as He commanded all Christians to do.  Like Jeremiah at the beginning of his ministry, I still feel inadequate and afraid but I try to encourage myself in the Lord through His promises that He will be with me to give me success.

How about you?  Have you surrendered your life to Jesus yet?  If not, you need to do so right now if you want to know what God's calling is for your life.  Ask God to forgive you of your sins and to give you His gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.  Then wait upon Him to reveal His calling on your life and He will.   

No comments:

Post a Comment