Sunday, August 23, 2015

Day 232 - Jeremiah 29-34

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 233 - Jeremiah 29-41 (God Wants to Blow You Away With His Love)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

            '"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of                   evil, to give you a future and a hope... "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great                   and mighty things, which you do not know."'(Jeremiah 29:11; 33:3) 

Every parent of a newborn baby desires the best for his or her child.  If that is true of human parents, how much more does God desire the very best for His children.  Jesus said:

           "Or what man is there among you who, if his son asks for bread, will give him a stone?  Or if he                  asks for a fish, will he give him a serpent?  If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts                  to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who              ask Him!"  (Matthew 7:9-11) 

God, speaking through the prophet Jeremiah in our text above, invites His children to call unto to Him, as a child calls unto his earthy parent, so that He might show them "great and might things which you do not know."  What an invitation from our heavenly Father who created the whole universe!

During the past few weeks, I have had a couple of trials which I asked God's help for.  First, the engine of the only vehicle my wife and I drive had to be replaced due timing belt failure.  God answered in a mighty way by giving me an almost new replacement engine with a 3-year warrant for an unbelievable price!

The second trial came in the form of a dislocated ankle of my son Joseph while we were serving on short-term missions in Haiti which cause the two of us to return to the US ahead of our team. The first doctor we consulted after we arrived home concluded that Joe needed surgery.  We called unto God for His intervention and after getting a second opinion, the other doctor concluded that no surgery was needed!  Praise God!

There are many other great and mighty things that God has shown me since I became His child through faith in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  None, however, can top the gift of eternal life which He has given me and all who have placed their trust in Jesus.  God desires to give this same gift of eternal life to all the people He created.  May you know this great and mighty gift of God if you have not yet received it.



No comments:

Post a Comment