Thursday, July 9, 2015

Day 188 - Psalm 119:89-176

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 188 - Psalm 119:89-176 (My Teenage Kids Are Wiser Than the President)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

       "Oh, how I love Your law! 
        It is my meditation all the day. 
        You, through Your commandments, make me wiser than my enemies; 
        For they are ever with me. 
        I have more understanding than all my teachers, 
        For Your testimonies are my meditation. 
        I understand more than the ancients, 
        Because I keep Your precepts...
        How sweet are Your words to my taste, 
        Sweeter than honey to my mouth! 
        Through Your precepts I get understanding; 
        Therefore I hate every false way. 
       Your word is a lamp to my feet 
        And a light to my path."
        (Psalm 119:97-105) 

What if I told you that I there is a pill that could make you wiser than even the most brilliant scientist or lawyer - would you take it?  As a matter of fact, there is such a pill, well, not exactly the kind you put inside you stomach but rather one that you hide in your heart.  You guessed it, it is God's word the Bible.

The Psalmist testified that God's laws and commandments made him wiser than all his teachers and even the ancient wise men who did not keep God's laws.  He gives the reason being that God's word gave him understanding and were to him as a light to his path thus keeping him from stumbling into error and sin.

Just as it was for the Psalmist three thousand years ago, so also today, multitudes of men and women and even boys and girls who love God's word and keep His commandments have more wisdom than heads of nations and powerful individuals in society who do not acknowledge God and His laws.  Why?  Because the latter live by their own human wisdom which often are contrary to God's word and thus heaping upon themselves the God's judgment leading to their spiritual destruction.   

On the other hand, those who have a personal relationship with God through His Son Jesus Christ, possess godly wisdom as a result of reading and obeying God's word and thus reaping God's rewards and blessing upon their own lives and the lives of those near and dear to them.

One simple example of a child who believes God's word being more wise than the president of the United States is evident in the issue of abortion and same-sex marriage both of which the president supports against the commandment of God.  Unless the president repents and changes his convictions regarding his support of these evil practices, he will receive God's judgment along with all others like him.

No comments:

Post a Comment