Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Day 199 - Proverbs 24-26

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 199 - Proverbs 24-26 (How Strong is Your Inner Strength?)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

         "If you faint in the day of adversity, 
        Your strength is small. 

        For a righteous man may fall seven times 
        And rise again, ...
        A righteous man who falters before the wicked 
        Is like a murky spring and a polluted well."
        (Proverbs 24:10, 16a; 25:26)

If there is one thing that I would like to be prepared for more than anything else in life it is to be steadfast and immovable during times of severe test and trials and even persecution unto death for my faith.  I take very seriously the words of Solomon in our text above and I dread the thought that my strength might be found small in the day of adversity.

One of my utmost desires in life as a Christian is to be found faithful and courageous by my Lord in times of adversity.  I want to be that righteous man who, even though I may fall seven times, will get back up each time.  I want to be that righteous man who will not falter before the wicked.  I want to be that pure spring and well before my God.

One of my favorite movies is Cool Hand Luke starring Paul Newman and my favorite scene is where he fights with a much bigger guy who whips him throughout the fight.  The cool part is that each time Luke is knocked down he always got back up until the other guy gave up and walked away.

That is the kind of strength I would like to have if ever the time comes when my faith will be tested.  Meanwhile, I need to master overcoming the small tests and trials that God sends my way every single day in order to strengthen my inner man.  I pray to God that if and when my ultimate test of faith comes that I will be found strong and pure before my Maker.   

No comments:

Post a Comment