Saturday, July 11, 2015

Day 190 - Psalm 138-143

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 190 - Psalm 138-143 (You Are Wonderfully Made)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

       "For You formed my inward parts; 
        You covered me in my mother's womb. 
        I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;  
        Marvelous are Your works, 
        And that my soul knows very well. 
        My frame was not hidden from You, 
        When I was made in secret, 
        And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth. 
        Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. 
        And in Your book they all were written, 
        The days fashioned for me, 
        When as yet there were none of them."
        (Psalm 139:13-16) 

Today, when over half a million babies inside their mothers' wombs have been killed just in 2015 alone in the US, every person must know what God says about the origin of human life.   The prophet David could not have been more clear about who made him and when he was conceived when he, under divine inspiration, penned the words above in our text. 

David declares to God in praise for His sovereignty in creation how how he had been formed from in his mother's womb.  What is amazing in his declaration is when he said that God saw him even before he was a fetus or an embryo!  No wonder David went on to exclaim in the following verses:

        "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! 
        How great is the sum of them! 
        If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand; 
        When I awake, I am still with You."
        (Psalm 139:17-18)

Each time a mother or an abortion practitioner takes the life of an unborn child, she blatantly disregards God's will in creating that particular life and all of God's countless thoughts about that new life.  Such a person is in effect telling God that she or he knows better than Him thus placing themselves as God over the life of the unborn child.

If you or someone you know happened to be involved in an abortion in the past, God is merciful to forgive you and even use you for His glory inspite of what you may have done.  I know several mothers who have aborted their child and repented of it and are now being used greatly by God.  You can also help others avoid this evil by sharing what God says about the sanctity of human life just as I have done in this short post.  May God use us in saving a life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment