Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Day 193 - Proverbs 1-5

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 193 - Proverbs 1-5 (How to Know God's Will for Your Life)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

       
        "Trust in the LORD with all your heart, 
        And lean not on your own understanding; 
        In all your ways acknowledge Him, 
        And He shall direct your paths."
        (Proverbs 3:5-6)


A question so often asked is: "How can I know the will of God?  Solomon, known as the wisest man who ever lived, gives us the steps needed to be followed for anyone wanting to know the will of God. Three steps.  One: Trust in the Lord with all your heart. Two: lean not to your own understanding. Three: in all your ways acknowledge Him. The result? He shall direct your path.
Step one: What does it mean to trust in the Lord with all our heart?  It means not trusting in any other god or idol or person or thing.  Some people trust in Buddha or Krishna.  Others trust in their patron saint.  Still others trust in their zodiac sign.  To truly know God's will for your life, you need to trust in the One true God, the Lord who has revealed Himself in three Persons in the Bible: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Step two: How can I know if I am leaning on my own understanding?   It's simple.  If you are making your decisions contrary to God's Word, then you are leaning on your own understanding. For example, a person who rationalizes sex outside of marriage as ok is leaning on his own understanding.  Another example is someone getting high on drugs or alcohol.  Both examples I mentioned are in violation of God's willl which commands us to keep our bodies pure as the temple of God.
Step three:  To acknowldge God in all my ways means that I will "seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness (Matthew 6:33)" in everthing.  I will acknowledge Him in my possessions my relationships, my job, my talents, my body, my intellect, literally, my everthing.  There should be nothing in my life which I can say is mine alone.  Everything I have is God's when I am acknowledging Him in all my ways.
The result:  He will direct my paths.  In other words, He will reveal His will for me in everything.  He will do the same for you if you follow the steps He has outlined above.  Believe me, there is nothing in this world that can compare with knowing that you are in the will of God.  


No comments:

Post a Comment