Thursday, July 23, 2015

Day 203 - Proverbs 30-31



ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 203 - Proverbs 30-31 (The Virtuous Wife)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

        "Who can find a virtuous wife? 
        For her worth is far above rubies. 
        The heart of her husband safely trusts her; 
        So he will have no lack of gain. 
        She does him good and not evil 
        All the days of her life. 
        She watches over the ways of her household, 
        And does not eat the bread of idleness. 
        Her children rise up and call her blessed; 
        Her husband also, and he praises her: 
        "Many daughters have done well, 
        But you excel them all." 
        Charm is deceitful and beauty is passing, 
        But a woman who fears the LORD, she shall be praised. 
        Give her of the fruit of her hands, 
        And let her own works praise her in the gates."
        Proverbs 31:10-12, 27-31)

In answer to the question on the first verse of our text above, I praise and thank God that He has so blessed me as to allow me to find a virtuous wife.  I know that not many husbands are as blessed as me which is why I treasure my wife more than anything in this world.  I agree with the author of our text that a virtuous wife is worth far above rubies or any precious stones.

I will let you in on a little secret I have in finding a virtuous wife.  When I was still single and actively looking for my wife, I wrote a short list of qualifications as to the kind of woman I want to marry.  Wanna know what was on my list?  All you need to do is read the whole chapter 31 of Proverbs and you will find every criteria I had in choosing my wife.

You may say that I was just lucky or blessed or whatever in finding my wife and to a certain extent you are right.  I believe, however, that any godly man who sets the same criteria that I had in choosing my wife and then asks God to give him such a wife will also receive what he asks just as I did.  How do I know? Because it is God's will for every godly man.  One caveat - the seeker of a virtuous wife must be willing to wait as long as it takes.

I realize that you may be a husband reading this and thinking, "Good for you but I am stuck with a wife who is not the virtuous wife of Proverbs 31, so what do I do now?"  My answer applies not just for you but for all husbands, read Ephesians 5 and you will find exactly what God wants you to do now as a husband. By the way, if you are a wife reading this, read the same passage I just mentioned and you will also find out what God wants you to do now as a wife.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment