Friday, June 5, 2015

Day 155 - Job 17-20

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 155 - Job 17-20 (The Most Important Question You Must Answer)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )

       "For I know that my Redeemer lives, 
        And He shall stand at last on the earth; 
        And after my skin is destroyed, this I know, 
        That in my flesh I shall see God, 
        Whom I shall see for myself, 
        And my eyes shall behold, and not another. 
        How my heart yearns within me! 
        (Job 19:25-27)

In all of his faults, worst of which was his error in thinking that God was responsible for his severe sufferings, Job did get the most important truth about God as we read from our text above; that is, that he and all those who are saved will one day resurrect in the flesh to live forever in the presence of God.

One of the central truths of the Bible is the resurrection from the dead.  This doctrine is evident throughout the Old Testament as well as the New Testament.  Jesus taught repeatedly about it in the gospels and the apostles wrote about it in the epistles to the church.  Perhaps the clearest passage in the Bible concerning the truth of the resurrection are the words of Jesus Christ Himself below:

         "So when Jesus came, He found that he had already been in the tomb four days...Now Martha said            to Jesus, "Lord, if You had been here, my brother would not have died.  But even now I know that              whatever You ask of God, God will give You."  Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise                              again."  Martha said to Him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."  Jesus          said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall            live.  And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?"  She said to Him,            "Yes, Lord, I believe that You are the Christ, the Son of God, who is to come into the world."'  (John            11:17-27)

The Lord allowed Lazarus, Martha's brother to die so that He can demonstrate His power to raise the dead to life and prove that He is indeed the "resurrection and the life."  Although Lazarus no doubt died again because he was not part of the resurrection at the last day as Martha mentioned above.  What is important about the resurrection that Jesus taught is this: "whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die (John 11:26)."

Jesus asked Martha what could be the most important question every human must answer; He said, "Do you believe this?"  Martha answered with a resounding "Yes, Lord, I believe!"  And as sure as you are seeing the words I have written, we can be sure that Martha is now lives forever with Christ awaiting her resurrected body at the last day.

Jesus is also asking the same question to you and me that He asked Martha concerning the resurrection and faith in Him for salvation: "Do you believe this?"  There is no in between answer.  Your yes or no answer will be the most important one that you will ever give and I pray to God that you will answer as Martha did with a resounding "Yes, Lord, I believe!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment