Friday, June 26, 2015

Day 176 - Psalm 72-74

ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 176 - Psalm 72-74 (God is My Strength and Portion Forever)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )      
        "You hold me by my right hand. 
        You will guide me with Your counsel, 
        And afterward receive me to glory. 
        Whom have I in heaven but You? 
        And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. 
        My flesh and my heart fail; 
        But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."
        (Psalm 73:23b-26)

God has blessed me beyond measure with a beautiful wife and four wonderful children who love the Lord. Yet, when all is stripped away from me, I must admit that I do not have anyone else besides God to cling to for help because He is the only One who is able to uphold me with His right hand and guide me with His counsel and afterward receive me in His presence in glory.

I am not the only one who needs God; although not everyone may admit it, all people need God for apart from Him we would be eternally lost and forsaken.  Those who are wise will say along with the Psalmist in our text above, "Whom have I in heaven but You?  And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; But God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

There are at least two reasons why I need to make God the strength of my heart and my portion forever: first, He is the God of the universe, the creator of all things including me.  Second, God loves me so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die for my sins and He continues to show His love for me by showering me with His grace and mercy.

In light of the two reasons I mentioned above, how could I not acknowledge that there is none other besides God who cares enough for me and who alone deserves my utmost and complete devotion?  Yes, I will declare to God, "I have none other on earth and in heaven but You.  You are my strength and my portion forever, O God!"


No comments:

Post a Comment