Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 160 - Job 40-42


ONE-YEAR JOURNEY OF THE BIBLE
Day 160 - Job 40-42 (There is No Forgiveness Without Repentance)
(To View Past Posts Click: http:/tonyvicreyes1-yearbible.blogspot.com/ )
       "You asked, "Who is this who hides counsel without knowledge?' 
        Therefore I have uttered what I did not understand, 
        Things too wonderful for me, which I did not know. 
       "I have heard of You by the hearing of the ear, 
        But now my eye sees You. 
        Therefore I abhor myself, 
        And repent in dust and ashes."' 
        (Job 42:3-6)

Job acknowledged that he spoke of things too wonderful for him to understand and he did the only thing that he could have done to receive God's forgiveness - he repented.  God not only forgave Job, He also restored Job's losses and "the Lord blessed the latter days of Job more than his beginning (42:12)."

The story of Job is a wonderful testimony of God's mercy and grace.  Mercy simply means not receiving what we deserve and grace means receiving what we do not deserve.  Job got both mercy and grace from God.  He deserved to be punished more for rebuking God but instead, God blessed Job doubly as in the beginning of his life.

We too can expect to receive God's mercy to forgive us our sins when we humble ourselves before Him in repentance.  Apart from that, there can be no forgiveness of sins.  Read what Jesus said about pride:

        "The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, "God, I thank You that I am not like other men--            extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this tax collector.  I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all          that I possess.'  And the tax collector, standing afar off, would not so much as raise his eyes to                  heaven, but beat his breast, saying, "God, be merciful to me a sinner!'  I tell you, this man went                down to his house justified rather than the other; for everyone who exalts himself will be humbled,            and he who humbles himself will be exalted."  (Luke 18:11-14)

God forbid that you don't see a need to humble yourself in repentance before God.  That would mean that you will be humbled against your will on judgement day and will find yourself separated from God because you have not received forgiveness for your sins.  I pray to God that will not happen to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment